xml-general mailing list archives

From Nathan Coast <nathan.co...@shadowsolutions.co.uk>
Subject Re: xml doc generator web interface
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 08:00:04 GMT
Hi,

thanks for your reply,  apologies but I think I might have been unclear
in my original posting.

What I'm looking for is some way of having a web-based application that
uses xml files internally.  rather than having a user edit an xml file
in their own editor and upload the file to the server, I'd like to...

provide a web interface that (at the server) constructs these xml
documents. All the user sees are pages of text fields, select boxes etc
and links to other pages (to create child nodes).  It is the
auto-generation of these html 'editor' screens from a dtd or schema that
I am interested in.  The idea being that the screens created constrain
the data that can be entered so that the generated document conforms to
the dtd / schema.

thanks again

Nathan