xml-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@codeconsult.ch>
Subject Re: xml doc generator web interface
Date Tue, 06 May 2003 09:28:20 GMT
Le Mardi, 6 mai 2003, à 10:00 Europe/Zurich, Nathan Coast a écrit :

> provide a web interface that (at the server) constructs these xml
> documents. All the user sees are pages of text fields, select boxes
> etc and links to other pages (to create child nodes).  It is the
> auto-generation of these html 'editor' screens from a dtd or schema
> that I am interested in.  The idea being that the screens created
> constrain the data that can be entered so that the generated document
> conforms to the dtd / schema.

There are (at least) two form frameworks under developement that work
with Cocoon:

Woody: http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=WoodyIntro

XmlForm:
http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/howto/xmlform-wizard/howto-xmlform-
wizard.html

I don't think they are able to generate forms from schema directly, but
you might want to take a look at they're both fairly adaptable.

--
   Bertrand Delacretaz (codeconsult.ch, jfor.org)
   XML, java, XSLT, Cocoon, FOP, mentoring/programming/teaching