xml-general mailing list archives

From "Matthew Oatham" <matthewoat...@hotmail.com>
Subject DocumentBuilder.parse(File file)
Date Mon, 14 Apr 2003 14:54:53 GMT
Hi,

I am loading an XML file in to DOM using DocumentBuilder.parse(File file).

I have written an XML writer which takes a DOM and writes it to file I have tested this and
know it works as expected when creating a new DOM in memory.

However when I create a DOM from an existing xml file then write it to disk using my xml writer
there are blank line or carriage returns in the new file which didn't exist in the original.
I suspect these are being inserted when the DOM is created from an existing file but can't
prevent or solve it. Does anyone have an explanation or ideas to prevent or solve.

Regards.

Matt