xml-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Multi-source XML pipeline model
Date Wed, 30 Apr 2003 06:47:15 GMT

Milo Hyson wrote, On 30/04/2003 1.16:
> I've been researching the use of XML processing pipelines in large-scale
> projects. Not finding anything that met my needs (Cocoon included)

I've read the paper, and there are some things I don't understand:

[In Cocoon]" All data transformed by the pipeline emanates from one
place and has to be processed by the same set of transformations."

This is not correct; Cocoon has aggregation, and conditions inside
pipelines, and pipeline chanining...

>  Please let me know
> if I'm reinventing the wheel as I'd rather use a more mature existing
> framework than have to begin maintaining a new community project -- I
> will if necessary.

You start right on saying Cocoon is not correct and maybe need to
maintain a new community project... I'd say it would be polite to ask
Cocooners first. We (Cocooners) are very open to new ideas and proposals.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -