xml-general mailing list archives

From Berin Lautenbach <be...@ozemail.com.au>
Subject Re: Committer Voting [Was: Revisions to xml.apache.org charter]
Date Tue, 18 Mar 2003 11:13:59 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:
> That's basically 3 +1's and no -1's.  The problem is with issues where we
> really ought
> to have high voter turnout....

Fair call.

Can we possibly engender a high voter turn out without
setting arbitrary limits?  For example you could have the sub-project
PMC members put the issue back to the -dev lists and then collate the
numbers back in general.  (NB I'm not advocating a 1 sub-project 1 vote
approach, I don't believe that's representative.)

It's more work, but the per-project approach would possibly gain more
attention.  And I don't believe we are talking about a vote a week?

If you required 3 +1s from each project then you suddenly start having
some bigger numbers.

Cheers,
	Berin