xml-general mailing list archives

From "J.Pietschmann" <j3322...@yahoo.de>
Subject Re: Revisions to xml.apache.org charter
Date Thu, 13 Mar 2003 22:20:57 GMT
Steven Noels wrote:
> My nitpicking was based on the _required_ votes. I think we should have
> as little required votes as possible.

Indeed. There should be some common sense and perhaps tradition applied
to what's voted on. I think the charter can mention "important issues
regarding the codebase", with releases to be explicitely declared
important, perhaps a few examples what's *usually* considered important,
and leave details to the community. Of course, any issue a committer
initiates a vote about is automatically raised to "important" status.

J.Pietschmann