xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: Revisions to xml.apache.org charter
Date Fri, 14 Mar 2003 19:31:51 GMT
I've committed some of the changes from Peter, Berin and Steven.

The criteria that I used were that I tried to commit changes that had to do with clarifying
relationships with the Board, Incubator and projects/subproject.  Changes clarifying xml.apache.org
wide vs subproject committers got in, too.  I also committed
grammar changes.

I didn't include Berin's change about supplying input to W3C, because we're not W3C members,
so it's hard to state
that we'll always do that, even though many committers are members of W3C working groups.
 Also, you could
make the argument that we'll do the same for the JCP, since the ASF is allowed to have JCP
expert group member
and concomitant votes.   We should discuss this as a separate thread.

I just made up the section on subproject removal, so I think that we should thrash that out
some more -- probably
as a separate thread.

I think that most changes related to development process should reference some of the docs
being developed
by the Incubator or infrastructure@.  This includes the stuff on voting http://incubator.apache.org/drafts/voting.html

Lastly, I didn't change much of the active member / committer stuff since it seems like we're
still having that discussion.

If I didn't include something, please bring it up.

Ted