xml-general mailing list archives

From "Arnaud Le Hors" <leh...@us.ibm.com>
Subject RE: getChildNodes
Date Wed, 05 Feb 2003 21:14:29 GMT
Let me clarify what I meant, when I said "no". I meant that the NodeList
object is not necessarily always the same object. Such as one you could test
for identity with == in java. The implementation is free to allocate a new
object every time you call getChildNodes. This said, it is however the same
logical object. Which is why the order of the nodes it contains doesn't
change.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM, XML Standards Strategy Group / W3C AC Rep.

-----Original Message-----
From: Arnaud Le Hors [mailto:lehors@us.ibm.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 05, 2003 1:08 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: RE: getChildNodes

These are two different questions. The answer to the first one is no. The
DOM spec doesn't impose this behavior to implementations.
On the other hand, to answer your second question, assuming the document
doesn't get modified between the calls the order of the nodes it contains
will be the same.
--
Arnaud  Le Hors - IBM, XML Standards Strategy Group / W3C AC Rep.