xml-general mailing list archives

From Gianugo Rabellino <gian...@apache.org>
Subject Re: PMC Work Items
Date Fri, 28 Feb 2003 18:53:49 GMT
Shane Curcuru wrote:
> A couple of comments out to general@; I'm presuming that all PMC members
> read general somewhat regularly...

Somewhat yes, but with some problems these days to get mail in a
reliable way from Apache (probably it's my server fault): I missed the
original post and your reply got me thinking, so eventually I found it
on MARC. Not to mention that I posted this originally under an identity
that wasn't subscribed to the list, so it must be sitting somewhere
waiting for moderation: my dumbass hat starts looking pretty worn out.
:-/ Sorry for the inconvenience and for jumping in late in the discussion.

This said:

>  > ---- Ted Leung wrote: ----
>  > As promised, here's a list of work items for the PMC
>  > ...
>  > o Encourage projects to start using the ASF mirroriing guidelines
> This is important; as Ted mentioned, to the ASF itself as well as to the
> projects.  We need an early adopter to spearhead the effort to both get
> their project migrated properly, and then to make sure the existing
> 'how-to' pages that infrastructure@ and the jakarta folks have already
> setup are clear enough for everyone to follow.  (Don't forget us Windoz
> folks as well!) -sc

It my intention to use the mirroring guidelines for the more-or-less
upcoming version of Xindice, so expect both help and questions here. :-)
How do we want to deal with the mirror list and xml.a.o./dist? A plain
list or something smarter like mirrors.cgi?

> One thing we do need is more prominently published how-tos for using PGP
> (or GPG, or older or newer versions of PGP, all of which are different)
> both for signing and verifying.  There are a number of snippets on
> various download pages, and a couple of sites on the web with
> descriptions, but it'd be nice to have more details specifically for
> both committers and users.

This is a good point indeed, though both
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/release.html and
http://nagoya.apache.org/wiki/apachewiki.cgi?SigningReleases provide a
good reference and enough starting points. Maybe we should make our own
release. Would it make sense to have a "dev" section on xml.apache.org
and make our own version of developer (committer) oriented documentation
or would that be just a duplicate?

Ciao,

--
Gianugo Rabellino