xml-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: xml.apache.org refactoring #1 - expansion of PMC
Date Tue, 04 Feb 2003 05:58:08 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:
> As you are no doubt aware, the ASF board has approved two
> new PMC's: one for Web Services (to include Axis, SOAP, XML-RPC,
> and XML-Security), and one for Cocoon.
>
> In keeping with the proposal that I made last week, I'd like
> each of the remaining subprojects to elect 1 or 2 persons as they
> see fit to represent them on the XML PMC.  I would like to see
> these elections completed by Friday, Jan 31.   If you need vote
> counting support please send a note to pmc@xml.apache.org.  The
> remaining active projects are:
>
> Axkit
> Batik
> Crimson
> Fop
> Forrest
> Xalan
> Xerces-J
> Xerces-C
> Xerces-P
> Xindice
>
> Please send your vote results to pmc@xml.apache.org.

It indicates a serious problem that the xml-commons
project is omitted from many announcements and decisions.
If xml-commons does not need representation on the PMC, then
i think that such announcements should explicitly say so.

There is very little help from the other xml projects on
xml-commons. It seems to completely slip people's minds
that they are also by default, committers on xml-commons.
The project is languishing, yet it has very important
components that need wider recognition and support.
--David