xml-general mailing list archives

From Dirk-Willem van Gulik <di...@webweaving.org>
Subject Re: The organization of xml.apache.org
Date Thu, 05 Dec 2002 11:29:11 GMT

> The Xml PMC cannot review all code commits and placement of jars and
> licenses, and at the same time ensure that the Apache process for
> guidelines is followed, it's just too much work.

Not can the board cope with properly providing oversight to 100+
individual PMC's without some in between delegation. And with 100+
individual PMC's the board can do little to help clusters of 20-40
projects (say all XML parsing/standards related projects, all content
generators, all site engines) to somehow create/maintain a sense of
coherency. I personally do like it that all the xml parsers and processors
are nicely grouped to gether.

Dw