xml-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: The organization of xml.apache.org
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 13:16:59 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> They are. Things done by entities entiteled by the Apache board are
> doing it in the name of Apache. PMCs are. Simple committers aren't.
> Thus Apache will protect entities that it has officially and legally
> appointed.
>
> But the existence of PMCs is not in this debate, nor if the current
> legal structure of Apache. If you have questions or suggestions please
> post them on community@apache.org and/or general@incubator.apache.org

Ted started a discussion which I now colloquially summarize into 'has
the XML PMC been doing a good job lately?'. Jeff seeks clarification as
to what PMCs are _required_ to do, tangentially stating the thought
whether they are ultimately needed, in order to be able to comment on
the original question.

I don't see the point in trying to police this thread's content, as long
as we discuss as civil beings.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org