xml-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: The organization of xml.apache.org
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 12:16:28 GMT
Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:

> Ok, then let's not even try then, who cares, oh and while we're at it
> let's remove the PMCs, why are they needed, oh and the board too, oh and
> why Apache at all... get real, try to be constructive. If nobody cares,
> tell me what we should do to solve the problem instead of
> institutionalizing it.

I see this and I also see you stating that there exist 'various levels
of legal protection'. Maybe we should make those levels more explicit, for:

* contributors (patches)
* committers
* PMC - non-Members
* PMC - Members
* Members
* Directors (VPs et al.)
* Board

Gee - I assume many will be surprised seeing _that_ many categories
existing within the Apache community. Also, given the fact committers
might receive wide-ranging commmit rights within federations of
non-topleveled projects (e.g. the future xml.a.o), I'm convinced there
exists several superfluous levels or differences in this classification.

And I saw Sam already mentioning his inclination to be more liberal with
this 'Member'-thing on some list/blog (don't know where anymore,
information overload ;-)

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org