xml-general mailing list archives

From Steven Noels <stev...@outerthought.org>
Subject Re: The organization of xml.apache.org
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 09:13:33 GMT
Ted Leung wrote:

> This includes subjective measures such as "the health of the
> community" for a project, and proposal of project committers for
> membership in the ASF.

<snip/>

> Then there's the issue of support from and participation in the
> general ASF infrastructure. That's "where do I go for this or that",
> or "You're really an awesome security hack, you know, they could use
> some help on security@".

Neat! Where do I sign up?

This is exactly what I would like it to be: facilitation rather than
regulation. Being there, actively helping out people. For cocoondev.org,
we had the idea to have one 'PMC-style' guy specifically appointed to
each project to explicitely shepherd a project at important moments.

While I understand this 'put the responsibility where it belongs' thing,
hence topleveling, I think we should help out projects who don't feel
quite ready to take up that responsibility. There is still a need for an
XML PMC IMO.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org