xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unused imports
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 02:31:04 GMT
Good idea, although it certainly falls on someone to volunteer to help
fix this kind of stuff.  Thanks for bringing it up.

xml-commons - eek, that's a lot!  Of course, some of xml-commons isn't
sourced originally from Apache projects, so some of those may not be
our 'fault' and I may not want to fix them.

xml-crimson - is anyone still active on crimson?  I'm awful at CVS log
analysis so I'll let someone else answer that question.

xml-xalan isn't listed there - does that mean we're perfect with
imports?  8-)

Oh: and please use any magic 'reorganize imports' with care on other
folk's code: I'm not sure I'd necessarily want anyone to also go and
re-format all the existing code - just the imports.  Just IMO.

Oh, and how about testing?  Although a bunch of projects seem to be
using jtest in a number of places, does anyone else have a publicly
available automation system and detailed conformance tests like
xml-xalan?  (hint: I'm biased on this issue <big grin/>)

=====
- Shane

<eof .sig="'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
in a very scornful tone, 'it means just what I
choose it to mean - neither more nor less'"
"Oohayu oyod?!"=gis. />