xml-general mailing list archives

From Shane Curcuru <shane_curc...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: The organization of xml.apache.org
Date Thu, 12 Dec 2002 01:51:53 GMT
OK, as usual I'm late to the party!  There are a bunch of good ideas on
this thread, but some have gone off on tangents.

Instead of trying to copy&paste to respond to individual notes I'll
just summarize my thoughts.  To help on threading,
I'll respond in separate replies to the main issues I want to talk
about, so follow-ups will make more sense:

-- The corporate organization of the xml.apache.org project within the
ASF
-- The public face and groupings of xml projects
-- Possible ideas of architectural/technical organization within
xml(.apache.org)
-- Various bits of psuedo-legal commentary, mainly about liability
protection and categories of people vis-a-vis the ASF

First, let's take a breath.  This is a bunch of complex issues, we have
a worldwide organization solely staffed by

volunteers, and while it may be slow, we are making progress.  Overall,
I think we're doing pretty well!

So see you all in a moment...

=====
- Shane

<eof .sig="'When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty said,
in a very scornful tone, 'it means just what I
choose it to mean - neither more nor less'"
"Oohayu oyod?!"=gis. />