xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ted Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: The organization of xml.apache.org
Date Wed, 04 Dec 2002 06:53:56 GMT

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sam Ruby" <rubys@apache.org>
To: <general@xml.apache.org>
Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 5:40 PM
Subject: Re: The organization of xml.apache.org

> Steven Noels wrote:
> > [suggestion to hold this discussion only on general@xml.a.o from now?]
>
> > bash-2.04$ cat /home/cvs/CVSROOT/avail | grep fop

avail|coar,dirkx,stefano,twl,andyh,sboag,jtauber,andyc,rpfeiffe,mpogue,mdier
ken,kvisco,eduardop,abagchi,rahulj,rwebster,roddey,dleslie,mmidy,sanjiva,dma
rston,pauldick,curcuru,dbertoni,jdonohue,robweir,balld,ricardo,zvia,gmarcy,a
rkin,duncan,aruna1,rajiv,fotis,eschaeffer,arved,gears,jordan,keiron,stanisla
v,klease,kellyc,artw,tore,bdelacretaz,chrisg,pbwest,pietsch,jeremias,olegt,v
mote|xml-fop,xml-site,xml-commons

> > bash-2.04$ cat /home/cvs/CVSROOT/avail | grep xang

avail|coar,dirkx,mode,stefano,twl,andyh,sboag,jtauber,andyc,rpfeiffe,mpogue,
mdierken,kvisco,eduardop,abagchi,rahulj,rwebster,roddey,dleslie,mmidy,sanjiv
a,dmarston,pauldick,curcuru,dbertoni,jdonohue,robweir,balld,ricardo,zvia,gma
rcy,arkin,duncan,aruna1,rajiv,lehors,jeffreyr,rubys,ben,hbed,duftler,jkessel
m,auriemma,jacek,martinf,costin,garyp,johng,tmiller,amiro,morten,ovidiu,jamb
roziak,santiagopg,ilene,zongaro,mkwan|xml-site,xml-xalan,xml-stylebook,xml-x
ang,xml-admin,xml-commons

> > From the result of this, one could possibly say FOP has less community
> > then Xang, but we all knew the opposite is quite true.
>
> If taken literally, my read of this is that they are essentially the
> same community.

The answer here is that when xml.apache.org was formed, all the committers
of the original projects were given commit access on all the projects.
It may not have been the right thing to do, but that's the historical
explanation for the avail entries.