xml-general mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: is there such a thing as a common xml-apis.jar
Date Thu, 07 Nov 2002 18:40:39 GMT

At 11:34 AM -0500 2002/11/07, Elena Litani wrote:
>SAX 2.0.1 had a signature change and DOM3 introduces new methods in the
>existing interfaces (plus addes new interfaces to the org.w3c.dom
>package), and these changes will _not_ allow implementations to pass the
>JAXP TCK since the TCK tests that signatures are as definded in the spec
>and that no new signatures are added to the interfaces/classes.

This looks like a serious collision waiting to happen...  Maybe this
is one reason why everything doesn't need to be rolled into the core
of J2SE?

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956