xml-general mailing list archives

From ne...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: is there such a thing as a common xml-apis.jar
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 22:51:26 GMT
Hi Dion,

Thanks for speaking up!  James raised this issue, and I think he's agreed
to take care of it; so no point in your digging back through this thread.
:)  FYI, the crux is that somehow a non-standard version of an xml-commons
product got into Maven, and this caused some confusion with the standard
product of xml-commons and one of the jars Xerces ships.

Cheers,
Neil
Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           dion@multitask.co|
|         |           m.au             |
|         |           11/06/2002 06:07 |
|         |           general          |

  |       To:       general@xml.apache.org
                                                      |
  |       cc:
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: is there such a thing as a common xml-apis.jar

Hi Neil,

neilg@ca.ibm.com wrote on 07/11/2002 05:37:15 AM:

> Hi folks,
>
> No confusion would have arisen, of course, if somebody at maven hadn't
> decided to rename xmlParserAPIs (or reformat xml-apis).  Does anyone
have
> contacts in the maven world who could straighten this out?

Yep. Both James Strachan and I are Maven committers. What would you like?

> Personally, I believe that were Xerces to start shipping the transform
> interfaces, confusion would simply migrate from lists like this to
Xerces

--
dIon Gillard, Multitask Consulting
Work:      http://www.multitask.com.au