xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: xml files, in the database or on the filesystem?
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 20:03:37 GMT
Hi,

Honestly said, I do not believe it makes a difference to have one or the
other, indeed. You might be more flexible within an SQL-record as you
would be able to attach more information than just a number and the XML
content, that's the only thing I could think of.

Have you considered using XML databases (XIndice, eXists,...) ?
In principle, they should be able to provide you with a better search
(really better, having the whole XPath at hand is like being able to
find just about anything except with joins) and presumably should be
able to take less time as it stores pre-parsed XML trees.

Paul