xml-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject Gump changes
Date Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:06:01 GMT
A number of gump changes that some might want to be aware of:

1) Due to space concerns, gump's output is moving from
daedalus.apache.org to icarus.apache.org.  This includes build logs, cvs
extract snapshots, and nightly builds.  If you have any urls which
reference one of these, simply change the first name in the URL from
either jakarta or xml to cvs.

Example: http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/latest/

2) Unless I hear significant objections, I plan to upgrade to JDK 1.4 as
there are getting to be too many failures as JDK 1.4 specific methods
are increasingly being used.  Current examples include:

http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-11-10/jakarta-bcel.html
http://cvs.apache.org/builds/gump/2002-11-10/jakarta-tomcat-catalina.html

3) I plan to move Gump out of Alexandria.  My favorite suggestion to
date is from Costin: move Gump to jakarta-commons.  If you care to
comment on this, please direct your replies to alexandria-dev.

- Sam Ruby