xml-general mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james_strac...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject is there such a thing as a common xml-apis.jar
Date Wed, 06 Nov 2002 17:16:43 GMT
I've just downloaded the latest & greatest xerces and xalan and they both
come with a jar called xml-apis.jar but seem to contain different bits of
the XML-api set. Most notably the one with xerces doesn't come with the XSLT
part of JAXP. Is this by design or just an oversight?

Things are getting a bit confusing. We've jaxp.jars lying around the place,
then 2 different kinds of xml-apis.jars which may or may not contain the
JAXP API to work with XSLT. (I'm not even gonna go into old xerces or xalan
jars that have some of JAXP inside them).

Any chance we could come up with a new single JAR that always comes with
SAX, DOM and all of JAXP? Maybe this could just be a new version of
xml-apis.jar; we just need to upgrade Xerces to come with the full-monty
version?

James
-------
http://radio.weblogs.com/0112098/