xml-general mailing list archives

From Joe Germuska <...@Germuska.com>
Subject Re: Using XML to create Java objects
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:03:24 GMT
At 7:08 PM +1100 2002/10/30, dion@multitask.com.au wrote:
>I believe that we already have one of these, called Digester over @ Apache
>Jakarta Commons:
>
>http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/

and you can configure Digester with an XML rules file, so really you
don't have to write a line of code to use it.  OnJava.com and
Javaworld.com both have run articles on Digester in the last week or
two... must be something in the water.

You might also want to check out Jelly, which is described as
"executable XML" -- it can definitely instantiate and populate
objects, although it uses a different model than Digester...

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/sandbox/jelly/

Joe

* Joe Germuska    { joe@germuska.com }
"It's pitiful, sometimes, if they've got it bad. Their eyes get
glazed, they go white, their hands tremble.... As I watch them I
often feel that a dope peddler is a gentleman compared with the man
who sells records."
	--Sam Goody, 1956