xml-general mailing list archives

From "Qwerty Poiu" <qwertypo...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: Research Topic in B2B Communication -XML-Web Services
Date Wed, 23 Oct 2002 11:06:03 GMT
<P>I have some suggestions for a topic that I would like to see discussed here.<BR>I
did alot of research into "data-mapping" because I wanted to create forms from DTDs and pre-existing
XML docs.<BR>What this desire needs is a satandard way of mapping data in XML to objects
(JAXB), and a way to map the data types to GUI input fields, features, etc.<BR>Creating
a new XML file from a DTD involves a step by step (dare I say 'Wizard Design Pattern') dialog
with the user.&nbsp; Using a pre-existing XML file lets the user enter multiple fileds
at once, but these two methods could be combined to create a really complicated API.<BR>The
second feature is being done so many different ways, that one person would find it very difficult
to write an overview of all the effort currently going on and the history of past systems.<BR>In
a simple way, I think any program is a data model that is activated with a programming language,
and that this field is an ongoing effort to create more logical distinctions between the need
to have flexible data models and flexible scripting languages.<BR>I wrote a Java application
that was the GIU for a transformation language called LMX, which includes a input field generator
for DTD to new-XML file generation.&nbsp; I'm stuck now in an effort to create a web app
that does the same thing.<BR>Anyhow, I would like to see what other people say about
this broad field, so that's my selfish suggestion for your research topic.<BR>I have
lots of discussions from the Commons 'sub-project of a sub-project' where very skilled developers
threw thier ideas at each other.&nbsp; I only work with Java part time, so I don;t have
loads of time to devote to it, but believe this field is important and still undecided and
the solutions are far from obvious (to me).</P>
<P>That's enough for one E-mail.</P>
<P>Talk to you later, and good luck,</P>
reliable MSN Internet Access. <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMPEN/2016">Click Here</a>