xml-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: time for a Web services PMC? (was: Fw: spinning out projects (was: incubator project))
Date Thu, 24 Oct 2002 13:28:32 GMT

Sam Ruby wrote:
> Sanjiva Weerawarana wrote:
>

>> Given the note below, I wonder whether its time to consider a
>> "Web services" PMC for Apache. I would like to see that come up.
>>
>> Here's my +1.
>>
>> I volunteer to write up the proposal if folks are intersted. There
>> are a bunch of projects that would move under the new PMC:
>>     Axis, Apache SOAP, WSIL4J, WSIF
 >
 > Given the current thinking of the board (i.e., project=PMC), then it
 > would make most sense if these were separate proposals.

Yes, I think so too.
Also from outside, as these projects are seen here in Italy, basically
it's just all about "Axis".
Apache SOAP has been superceded IIUC and other codebases can reside
under Axis maybe.

Make a proposal for Axis then, it makes perfect sense IMHO.
We can still create a federation of projects that have to do with web
services, but ATM we're trying to do it one step at a time, starting
with individual projects going top-level.

             - verba volant, scripta manent -