xml-general mailing list archives

From Matt Pickering <mp_s...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Using XML to create Java objects
Date Wed, 30 Oct 2002 15:33:24 GMT
> >http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/digester/
>
> and you can configure Digester with an XML rules
> file, so really you
> don't have to write a line of code to use it.
> OnJava.com and
> Javaworld.com both have run articles on Digester in
> the last week or
> two... must be something in the water.

Perhaps there is something in the water.  Digester
lools like a more advanced version of what I have
attempted.  The main difference is I don't write any
rules at all other than what I provided in the XML
fragment in my previous post.  I simply have to tell
the engine what tag will map to a specific object.  It
takes care of the rest.  I guess my strategy is more
minimalist and narrower in scope.

I've seen APIs like Digester and don't mind them.  I
just didn't want the hassle of writing mapping rules,
whether in code or in a config file.  I've taken the
approach of letting code discover everything on its
own rather than have me tell it what to map what to.

Thanks for the info.

Matt Pickering