xml-general mailing list archives

From David Crossley <cross...@indexgeo.com.au>
Subject Re: New Apache XML Site! :-)
Date Sat, 26 Oct 2002 09:17:01 GMT
Greg Stein wrote:
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > I'm happy to inform you that I just committed the new version of the xml
> > site in CVS.
>
> Looks great!

It sure does. It has been a long road to get to this.
Now we need some polishing. Please all who are interested
come and help us at xml.apache.org/forrest/ and|or dive
in to edit the xml content in xml-site CVS.

> The front page says "Ibernated Projects" (missing H)

Fixed in CVS.

> > If there are any objections, and to add information about your project
> > in the main page (since not all projects are there yet, but only on the
> > left links), don't hesitate to do it yourself.
>
> The front page is also totally lacking any information about the the fact
> that xml.apache.org is a project of the Apache Software Foundation, and it
> does not provide any link back to www.apache.org.
>
> [ there is a tiny copyright at the bottom of the page, but that is
>   insufficient ]

Top-left corner is the "Apache" trail. The lack of other mention
is something that needs to be addressed in the xdocs contents for
xml-site module. I just patched
xml-site/src/documentation/content/xdocs/index.xml
to address the specific issue that you raised.

I am not sure when the xml.apache.org site will next get
published, but that is the concern of Forrest now.
--David