xml-general mailing list archives

From "IAS" <mas...@iasandcb.pe.kr>
Subject RE: Apache reorganization.... make all XML projects top level... futureof XML.apache.org unknown
Date Mon, 21 Oct 2002 15:30:51 GMT
I'm afraid that my proposal is not directly relevant to this
reorganization, but would like to write on down.
So far, Apache XML project only has provided JAXP implementation, i.e.
Xerces and Xalan, in terms of Java Technology. Recently, Axis 1.0 also
supports JAX-RPC and SAAJ. However, there are more JAX API families:
JAXM, JAXR, and JAXB. I think Sun somehow can devote their early
reference implementations to Apache XML, so open source RI can be freely
delivered to developers over the world. Moreover, the APIs can draw much
more attention and involvement by making their implementation open
source based.
I named the subprojects like following:
Aeneas - JAXB
Agrippa - JAXR
(JAXM's future is not clear now because of overlapping with JAX-RPC +
SAAJ.)
The relationship between Sun and Apache is well known from RI to TCK. I
suggest it be not just about Java Web Technology but also Java XML
Technology. Thanks for reading my humble opinion in advance.

IAS

Independent Java Technology Evangelist
http://www.iasandcb.pe.kr

Jakarta Seoul Project Coordinator