>>I know that data can be pulled with xml from a remote location, but I don't know whether we can push that xml to another location.
Hi,
  I guess you can upload xml files too. Have a look at 'Microsoft.XMLHttp' and how you can send xml files to a server.
Also running a script on the server should be very much possible by old ASP.

for more info serch in google for 'ASP upload xml files to server':
Some links I got from there:
http://www.developerfusion.com/show/1615/
http://www.stardeveloper.com/articles/042501-1.shtml

Hope this helps.