xml-general mailing list archives

From Henri Yandell <bay...@generationjava.com>
Subject Re: Xml-commons
Date Mon, 12 Aug 2002 06:44:50 GMT

> The commons-dev@xml.apache.org list.

Need to get this on the website :)

> According to the charter, and clarified on the list, xml-commons is for
> common code in existing xml.apache.org projects, not a repository for
> generally useful XML code.
>
> There have been a few suggestions for an xml-tools project for generally
> useful code, which have been met with approval but no action. Would you
> like to help start one?  I have some code to contribute
> (doctypechanger.sf.net). Ordinarily I'd suggest sticking to
> Jakarta-commons, but it's getting really crowded over there, so starting
> an XML-specific Commons-equivalent makes some sense.

Yep, am interested. For the moment though I'm going to collate some code
in an xml sub-package of the Jakarta Commons Util project. Util isn't
leaving the sandbox anytime soon and it's a nice place to evolve and
display it. I'll also check other Jakarta projects, such as the xml
taglibs, and collate any util things they have too.

Hen