xml-general mailing list archives

From ne...@ca.ibm.com
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT]: Xerces-J 2.1.0 is now available
Date Wed, 28 Aug 2002 21:43:25 GMT
Hi Paul,

I'm afraid you'll be disappointed to learn the short answer is no.  The
Schema WG discussed this in [1]; but the requested erratum hasn't been
forthcoming yet.  Once it does come around, of course we'll take measures
to comply with it--whatever it is--but in the meantime, we're still hoping
it might be possible to change the working group's mind so as to eliminate
the special-casing of the S4S.  We have some performance concerns about the
ramifications of this special-casing, so we'll do what we can to get things
changed.

Hope that helps,
Neil
[1]:  http://www.w3.org/2001/05/xmlschema-rec-comments#pfiS4SanySimpleType

Neil Graham
XML Parser Development
IBM Toronto Lab
Phone:  905-413-3519, T/L 969-3519
E-mail:  neilg@ca.ibm.com

|         |           Paul Libbrecht   |
|         |           <paul@activemath.|
|         |           org>             |
|         |           08/28/2002 05:10 |
|         |           general          |

  |       To:       general@xml.apache.org
                                                      |
  |       cc:
                                                      |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT]:  Xerces-J 2.1.0 is now available

That looks good,

Does this fix the dreaded Schema-validation-
can't-validate-schema-schema ? So that we finally get a complete
open-source schema validator.

Thanks.

Paul