xml-general mailing list archives

From Nicola Ken Barozzi <nicola...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Images not appearing in PDF's
Date Mon, 26 Aug 2002 14:45:24 GMT

Keiron Liddle wrote:
> On Thu, 2002-08-22 at 14:09, Bruno Dumon wrote:
>
>>As a quick solution to my previous problem of serving PDF-files, I
>>converted the PDF to a png, since it was in fact a one-page PDF
>>containing a (vector-based) image.
>>
>>That worked (I've put the image in a 'my-images' subdirectory and linked
>>to that).
>>
>>Out of curiousity, I tried to look at the (cocoon-fop-generated) PDF of
>>the page containing the image, and noticed the image was not in the PDF.
>>This was the first time I actually used an image in a document, but I
>>can imagine doing it more in the future, so I'm wondering if this is at
>>all supposed to work or not?
>

> It should work but is not implemented yet.
>
> Since images are loaded from a URI I believe that fop should use some
> sort of URI resolver. This would probably be done through avalon
> especially with the integration with cocoon.
>
> If someone who knows about avalon/cocoon could spend some time on this
> it would probably be fixed quickly.
> We are looking at avalon integration but help is needed and always welcome.
>
> (I sent this message to the forrest-dev list but apparently the moderator(s) don't like
me :(

:-O

No, the moderator has not been online lately ;-)

> I would like to see some better cooperation between the projects on this and some
> other issues rather than complaining and doing nothing constructive.)

I'm sorry you had this impression, I tried to look into it some time ago
but had some problems myself.

If you give me yet another chance ;-) I'd be happy to give a hand.

Give me some pointers on the FOP classes that need to be touched, which
branch to get, etc, and I'll find time to look at it and report back to
the FOP list.

We are all full of work, and I really would have liked to do it before,
but it just got sidetracked by other stuff, sorry :-/

Let me try and make up for it :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -