xml-general mailing list archives

From Rod Farmer <...@cs.mu.OZ.AU>
Subject Re: Can I update a remote database with XML ?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:59:01 GMT
In the replies to you email the following information was given

apache ---> webDAV

and of course Message Oriented Middleware - so with a simple search on google
you would have found at least some of the following examples that I personally
know of (god knows how many others there are)

IBM MQ series
QX
Java Messaging API

etc....

So my advice is, go to APache and look around. Lot' of cool stuff to read.
Go to Google, Sun or IBM and have a search/read as well.

Good luck

On Tue, Aug 20, 2002 at 08:49:28AM +0600, Ranjith Kodikara wrote:
> Dear Friends,
>
> Thanks very much for your replies, and your help is greatly appreciated.
>
> I have got two replies for my message, but unfortunately I cant understand what are those
technologies.
> What is tomcat WebDAV? Can you send me some links - urls - to find details, on that.
Also I don't know what is Message Oriented Middleware ?

> I would be grateful if you can reply me again?
>
> -Kodikara from Sri Lanka

remote location has a database and they need to update the database in central location. Now
every evening their central location imports data from remote locations. But there is no one
in the central location to import data from remote locations in future. Then they need to
run a procedure to update the central database by a person in the remote location at the end
of the day to update transactions of the remote databse for the particular day to central
location.
>     I know that data can be pulled with xml from a remote location, but I don't know
whether we can push that xml to another location.
>     Please help me on this and tell me whether this is possible. If possible tell me
how can I do it..
>     -Kodikara from Sri Lanka

++ Rod Farmer
++ Dept of Comp.Sc and Soft Eng
++ The University of Melbourne, Australia
++ 207 Bouverie Street
++ Parkville, VIC. 3052
++ Australia

## Email: raf@cs.mu.oz.au