xml-general mailing list archives

From "Louis Meigret" <meig...@technologist.com>
Subject Xalan,Java, external function and set DTMDOMException
Date Fri, 16 Aug 2002 04:28:43 GMT
I'm basically trying to write in Java a function that returns a part of the
nodes past to it (from XSLT) while  modifying (or replacing) one of these
nodes.

I am using Java 1.4.1 (I have had the same problem with 1.4.0) with Xalan
(included in the jaxp-1.2_0.1 release).

I get the following error which puzzles me.

org.apache.xml.dtm.DTMDOMException:
        at
org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMNodeProxy.setNodeValue(DTMNodeProxy.java:317)
        at
com.xcential.CgmlConv.CgmlConv.getNodesAfterSecNum(CgmlConv.java:157)

This is an sniplet of the function where the exception occurs *** represents
line 157

 public static NodeList getNodesAfterSecNum(NodeList nl)
 {
        int i = 0;

        try
        {

                 if (i < nl.getLength() && nl.item(i).getNodeType() ==
Node.TEXT_NODE)
                {
                          nl.item(i).setNodeValue(" Changed "); <**********

                }

I have tried to clone the Node, to import the node into a different document
and return this to XSLT, I always get an Exception at the end.

I must say I did not find much documentation (what does a DTMDOMException
mean ?). Why is DTMDOM used, how can I change this if this limits what I can
do ?

Thank you for any help (sorry if this is a basic problem).

Louis
http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup