xml-general mailing list archives

From "Ranjith Kodikara" <ranj...@dmsswt.com>
Subject Re: Can I update a remote database with XML ?
Date Tue, 20 Aug 2002 02:49:28 GMT
Dear Friends,

Thanks very much for your replies, and your help is greatly appreciated.

I have got two replies for my message, but unfortunately I cant understand what are those
technologies.
What is tomcat WebDAV? Can you send me some links - urls - to find details, on that. Also
I don't know what is Message Oriented Middleware ?

I would be grateful if you can reply me again?

-Kodikara from Sri Lanka

----- Original Message -----
  From: Paul Libbrecht
  To: general@xml.apache.org
  Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 8:33 PM
  Subject: Re: Can I update a remote database with XML ?

  That looks like a normal distribution problem... how about WebDAV ?
  At least the Tomcat WedDAV webapp is a good candidate, I think.

  Paul

  On Lundi, août 19, 2002, at 01:26 , Ranjith Kodikara wrote:

    My customer has a requirement like this..
    My customer has a central database.. and there are remote locations of them. Every remote
location has a database and they need to update the database in central location. Now every
evening their central location imports data from remote locations. But there is no one in
the central location to import data from remote locations in future. Then they need to run
a procedure to update the central database by a person in the remote location at the end of
the day to update transactions of the remote databse for the particular day to central location.
    I know that data can be pulled with xml from a remote location, but I don't know whether
we can push that xml to another location.
    Please help me on this and tell me whether this is possible. If possible tell me how can
I do it..
    -Kodikara from Sri Lanka