xml-general mailing list archives

From "wagner" <niels.wag...@pingtec.de>
Subject RE: Can I update a remote database with XML ?
Date Wed, 21 Aug 2002 17:06:29 GMT
Hello Kodikara,

it would help if you could tell a little bit about the database system
used by your customer, os, kind of programm used above the database ...

Regards

Niels

-----Original Message-----
From: Ranjith Kodikara [mailto:ranjith@dmsswt.com]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2002 1:26 PM
To: general@xml.apache.org
Subject: Can I update a remote database with XML ?

My customer has a requirement like this..
My customer has a central database.. and there are remote locations of
them. Every remote location has a database and they need to update the
database in central location. Now every evening their central location
imports data from remote locations. But there is no one in the central
location to import data from remote locations in future. Then they need
to run a procedure to update the central database by a person in the
remote location at the end of the day to update transactions of the
remote databse for the particular day to central location.
I know that data can be pulled with xml from a remote location, but I
don't know whether we can push that xml to another location.
Please help me on this and tell me whether this is possible. If possible
tell me how can I do it..
-Kodikara from Sri Lanka