xml-general mailing list archives

From Mohd Saifullah <s...@lantana.tenet.res.in>
Subject DTD validation
Date Thu, 18 Jul 2002 11:06:24 GMT

Dear All,

Greetings!

I am using XML version 1.0 and DTDs to define the structure of
document. The problem is whenever a XML document is received SAX parser
loads the DTD and validates it. Instead, is there any parser or tool which
will load all DTDs once and validates the xml docs whenever they come?

The context is as follows: The client is far from the server. and Server
is an Web server. Whenever client sends a XML doc, server has to parse it
and validate using DTD(loads the DTD from hard disk). Can we avoid DTD

I am sorry if this question is off the topic.

Thanks & Regards,
Saif