xml-general mailing list archives

From Sam Ruby <ru...@apache.org>
Subject FYI: new Gump machine
Date Mon, 22 Jul 2002 13:00:43 GMT
This weekend, I've upgraded the primary Gump machine from a 300 Mhz
Pentium II w/160 MB RAM to a 2 GHz Pentium IV w/768MB of RAM.  I also
upgraded from RedHat 7.2 Linux to 7.3 at the same time.

Overall build time has been reduced from approximately 4.5 hours to
approximately 1.5 hours (this includes the cvs update, copying of
directories, etc).

Over the course of the summer, I am going to try to spend more effort
again into getting to the point where I can bootstrap and build all the
projects together.  In many cases, I am going to need your help,
particularly on those subprojects who have opted to take ownership of
their own gump descriptors.

* Does anybody know what the current state of hsqldb cvs is?  It seems
empty at the moment?

* xml-rpc seems to be mavenized.  Other projects have build.xml files
which are produced by maven that gump can deal with... what's different
here?

* jaxen.  I've sent a patch and suggestions.  Any outlook on when this
will be resolved?
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=turbine-maven-dev&m=102658317312111&w=2

The commons-fileupload and various avalon project have already been
fixed.  The xml-axis failure is being actively worked.  Remy is looking
to the Tomcat 4.0 failures which are caused by the restructuring and
retagging of underlying trees.

Once these are addressed, I'll focus further down the dependency tree.

Thanks in advance for any help.

- Sam Ruby