xml-general mailing list archives

From Edwin Goei <edwi...@sun.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] New version of JAXP javax.xml.{parsers,transform} code
Date Sat, 20 Jul 2002 11:46:30 GMT

OK then how about if we move this thread to commons-dev@xml.apache.org?

 > Great work here; this looks really robust!  My only concern is that,
if the
 > context class loader has been set, there's no fallback to the bootstrap
 > classloader in case the thread's classloader can't find the class.  I
know
 > of environments that rely on this kind of behaviour, so I'm hoping you'll
 > be willing to change FactoryFinder to allow it.  To help, here's a patch
 > that I *think* would do the trick (though I haven't tested it very
 > thoroughly):  (See attached file: FactoryFinder-diff.txt)

Thanks for the feedback.  I've incorporated code that will fallback to
the current classloader if a provider cannot be found using the context
classloader, which if I recall is what your patch does.  (The current
classloader is different from the bootstrap classloader which is
represented as a 'null' value in many implementations.  The java
classloading API is a bit messy unfortunately. :-( )  Let me know if
this works for you.

-Edwin