xml-general mailing list archives

From Neeraj Bajaj <Neeraj.Ba...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Using crimson after modifying it
Date Thu, 11 Jul 2002 18:42:31 GMT
> I have modified the crimson org.apache.crimson.parser.inputEntity.class
because it hangs the execution when you attempt to parse a document less than 8K
long.

I have used crimson to sucessfully parse files under 8K. If you are facing
problem you can file bug in bugzilla under "crimson" category giving description
of the problem.

> Now I am trying to use this new crimson.jar that I build so that I can
overcome the problems that I got with the other.
> I am trying to execute my program using:
> $ java -Xbootclasspath:
"/lib/crimson-1.1.3/build/crimson.jar;/lib/j2sdk1.4/lib/tools.jar;/lib/j2sdk1.4/
jre/lib/rt.jar" alfagui_1/ALFA
> And I get this error message:
> java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object
>
> How do I tell the jre to use the new org tree in crimson.jar instead of the
one in rt.jar?

You can use endorsed standard mechanism
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4/docs/guide/standards/

Neeraj