xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: New JAXP FAQ
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 07:53:52 GMT
Good,

But my question entirely remains (it may be found this time). I entirely
understand the differences between specification and implementations
(and reference implementation). But:

-> you don't indicate where to find the specification's java interfaces

-> you don't indicate under which license they can be used and obtained

Those two things are crucially lacking as, still often, implementation
distributions do contain the specifications' java interfaces (generally
called jaxp.jar or embedded in another jar)  but they do so without
mentionning a single license. As a result no-one knows the rights to use
it, hence... surprises may come when this license is actually found...

Thanks in advance.

Paul