xml-general mailing list archives

From "Northcott, Mark" <Mark.Northc...@nrc.ca>
Subject XML Validation with Crimson
Date Mon, 03 Jun 2002 14:39:18 GMT
Hi,

I have been having problems with XML validation with Crimson 1.1.3.  I
receive the following error when I try to parse the XML file:

Error: URI=file:D:/crimson-1.1.3/examples/DOMEcho/web.xml Line=67: Element
"web-app" does not allow "filter" here

Anybody that has worked with servlets will notice that I am trying to use
the filter feature which is new to the Servlet 2.3 specification.  I have
checked, and rechecked the referenced DTD, and there is nothing wrong with
the use of the <filter> tag where I have used it.

Is this a known problem within Crimson?  If it is, and it has been logged as
a bug, please excuse this message.  I have tried looking through the bug
database, but I am not used to BugZilla, and therefore my bug querying
skills are still weak!  Also, the archives for this mailing list are a
little out of date, and I couldn't find anything regarding this issue.

Mark