xml-general mailing list archives

From Paul Libbrecht <p...@activemath.org>
Subject Re: New JAXP FAQ
Date Thu, 13 Jun 2002 08:03:39 GMT
Oh,

How nice. From the "Java API for XML Processing RI 1.2.0-FCS -- Readme",
one can read:
> Software Licenses
> The software under the package hierarchies beginning with org.w3c.dom
> is covered by the W3C Software License. All of the remaining software
> in this distribution is covered by the Apache Software Foundation
> License.

Does this mean that the classes like
javax/xml/parsers/DocumentBuilderFactory are under Apache license ?
I see no quote that would contradict me but... the java xml pack
Summer'02 has  strongly different license to which you have to agree
before downloading it, among others:

> 7. Source Code. Software may contain source code that is provided
> solely for reference purposes pursuant to the terms of this Agreement.
> Source code may not be redistributed unless expressly provided for in
> this Agreement.

Can we hope to have a coherence at some point with these JAXP licenses ?
This has been hanging around since way too much time, I feel. Or is it
simply a JCP internal debate left ?

Thanks.

Paul