xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject [Announce] NekoHTML 0.6.1 Available
Date Thu, 23 May 2002 03:31:38 GMT
I had a bug fix waiting in the queue for the next release of
the NekoHTML parser for XNI but was waiting for something
more substantial. Then SamC wrote me asking about NekoHTML
performance (or lack thereof). So I went back into the code
specifically looking to improve the performance.

While there is probably more that can be done, I think that
the current speed boost is sufficient for a new release. So
I'm pleased to announce that NekoHTML, version 0.6.1 is now
available for download at the following URL:

  http://www.apache.org/~andyc/nekohtml/doc/index.html

This release includes the following changes:

  * Changed tag balancer behavior to swallow events after
    the close of the <html> tag to ensure that the document
    stream remains well-formed;
  * added additional Ruby elements; and
  * improved tag balancer performance.

I was also asked to add a document fragment parser (DOM,
specifically) but that will have to wait until a future
release. If anyone has additional feature requests, let
me know.

Enjoy!

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org