xml-general mailing list archives

From Nick Kew <n...@webthing.com>
Subject Re: [Announce] NekoHTML 0.6 Available
Date Mon, 13 May 2002 06:54:20 GMT
On Mon, 13 May 2002, Andy Clark wrote:

> Nick Kew wrote:
> > Has anyone given any thought to how well/easily this would port to
> > run under Xerces-C++?  I might[1] take a look at that myself, so if
> > anyone has comments or experiences with it, please tell me!
>
> Aside from the fact that NekoHTML is written to work well
> within the XNI framework, the parser was written from the
> ground up with little reliance on the Xerces2 implementation.
> So porting to C++ should not be too difficult.

Well, that's a start.  Though porting to C++ and porting to Xerces-C++
is by no means the same thing, given the substantial infrastructure
implied by the latter.

But your reply suggests another faint possibility: that it might be
ported to C++ as mix-and-match.

> But your question begs another: is anyone in the Xerces-C
> community considering re-working the C++ parser so that it
> is also built upon the XNI framework?

I've no idea - I had to google to expand that TLA.  Since [Xerces|Xalan]-C
is amongst the least portable software to appear as open-source in the
past decade or so, the idea of a "native interface" might seem rather OTT.

--
Nick Kew

Available for contract work - Programming, Unix, Networking, Markup, etc.