xml-general mailing list archives

From "Theodore W. Leung" <twle...@sauria.com>
Subject Re: How to start writing a non-blocking SAX parser
Date Thu, 02 May 2002 14:53:55 GMT
On Wed, 2002-05-01 at 00:06, Andy Clark wrote:
> Aleksander Slominski wrote:

> > i would be very interested in making xni2xmlpull into sub-project
> > of Xerces2 as it would allow users of Xerces 2 to access
> > and use simple XMLPULL API. my implementation (alpha)
> > is very small and together with XMLPULL API classes
> > its jar file should be about 20K addition to Xerces2 jar.
> >
> > however i do not know what is the current procedure
> > to create sub project?
>
> With the current state of the pull API and implementations,
> it might be better as it currently is -- hosted elsewhere --
> but with a link from the Xerces2 pages listing all of the
> projects that are built on (or using) Xerces. This is the
> direction that my NekoHTML parser seems to be leaning as
> well.

I would be interested in seeing this make it into Xerces2, perhaps
initially as a sample of how to use XNI.   I'd be willing to do commits
/ bug fixes to make this happen.

It seems to me that NekoHTML could be treated the same way.  In fact
that last message that I read on Neko talked about making it a
subproject.  Has something changed?

Ted