xml-general mailing list archives

From di...@covalent.net
Subject Re: Creation of Sub-Projects
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 12:24:29 GMT

On Fri, 12 Apr 2002, Andy Clark wrote:

> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> > Many projects have resorted to bundling-using Crimson instead of Xerces
> > because it's a smaller download.
>
> Yep, this is unfortunate but true. However, depending on the
> result of this discussion, perhaps we'll get to a point where
> things are much more layered and smaller for the core components.
> This would be a good thing.

There is nothing to stop a sub project of producing (and version
controlling) more than one jar.

The reason to bundle groups of developers in projects is not to bundle
their code - but is to make sure they can easily, within context,
communicate - without being drowned out by other projects with orthogonal
concerns.

Dw