xml-general mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@dff.st>
Subject RE: [Vote] Add NekoHTML to Xerces
Date Thu, 11 Apr 2002 18:30:58 GMT
On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, Alistair Hopkins wrote:

> I also don't get a vote,
> but jar size is an issue when distributing applications and a lot of the
> projects are already getting pretty big: to use XSL + XML -> FOP already
> requires over 6 Mb of jars, which is pretty huge for analogue modem users.

Again... no vote here... but sorry - I don't think that the connection
speed of users should taken into account here!?!

> I appreciate that NekoHTML is 'only a few kb' but it's the principle: I
> don't want to have stuff I don't use in my apps.  Else I'm back to Crystal
> Reports ,ugh'.

???

...anyway...

I think it would be a good thing to have it included in
Xerces. If there are too many objections a separate jar available from the
xerces website would be nice.
--
Torsten