xml-general mailing list archives

From "David Marston/Cambridge/IBM" <david_mars...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: HTML Parser Update Available
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2002 14:27:05 GMT

Andy Clark wrote:
>I'm currently thinking of the following properties:
>"http://cyberneko.org/html/properties/names/elems"
>"http://cyberneko.org/html/properties/names/attrs"
>each with the following allowed values:
> { "upper", "lower", "default" }

>Since I changed the property names, your request to change
>the "default" value to "no" doesn't apply anymore. So I'm
>still using "default". Does this make more sense or should
>it be changed to something else entirely, like "nochange" or
>"specified" or ...?

Later, he pointed out that the troublesome option is really
copy-the-start-tag-as-is-but-alter-the-end-tag-to-match-it,
for which I think the term "copy-start" is an apt summary.
This can be described as: copy the start tag as-is, then
make the end tag into a copy of the start tag, with a /.

I agree that "default" could be interpreted in too many
ways, and "unchanged" is not accurate.
.................David Marston

PS: If you ever need precise names for things, write to me.
It's one of my specialties.