xml-general mailing list archives

From Andy Clark <an...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Add NekoHTML to Xerces
Date Sat, 13 Apr 2002 05:15:14 GMT
Paul Libbrecht wrote:
> Still pushing to a separate thing, even if xerces is heavily used.
> (isn't XNI supposed to be a public API ?)

It *is* public but I suspect that only the more advanced
XML developers will touch it directly. Most people are happy
enough with JAXP instantiating DOM and SAX parsers.

I wouldn't mind if XNI became a more advanced standard for
accessing XML document information and building pipelined
parsers. But I haven't tried pushing that idea anywhere,
for example with the xml-dev community.

However, it would be good for the other Apache projects to
be more aware of XNI and its ability to solve advanced
problems.

--
Andy Clark * andyc@apache.org